Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Puzzle Piece Ornaments

Puzzle ornaments are such a simple idea and I am sure you have seen it floating around blogs and Pinterest.  I still wanted to share my son's little Christmas tree because I LOVE it.  


I can't take credit for these ornaments.  My sister told me she had a transportation puzzle and she thought the pieces could make great ornaments.  This is the first year for my son to have a tree in his room since he is a big boy now.  You can see his room HERE.  These were the perfect addition to his tree.


My sister makes a lot of fun jewelry (you can see in her Etsy shop) and so she used some supplies for the hole at the top to string ribbon through.  She sent them to me in a package and added a few colorful jingle bells.  I strung them all with different red ribbons from my stash.


She sent a cute red star topper to complete the tree.  I stuck it in a silver bucket as opposed to a tree skirt and added fabric bunched around the bottom for some fun festive color.


I just LOVE the way it turned out.  Thanks sister for providing the goods!  His own little Christmas tree for his room personalized with things he loves.  It's a very "boyish" tree, don't ya think?  Completely different from my girls' pink tree in their room.  So fun!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

7 comments:

Louley's Belles December 13, 2011 at 6:01 AM  

That is pretty cute! Good idea!

Anonymous December 13, 2011 at 7:06 AM  

Oh I just love that idea - thanks and your tree looks so cute!

TBonesMom December 13, 2011 at 8:11 AM  

I love all the different ribbons on the ornaments & the bells. This tree is definitely perfect for a boy. :)

Scarlet Bluefield December 13, 2011 at 8:45 AM  

Love it! So cute :)

Dreaming of Vintage December 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM  

What an adorable tree to have in a little boy's room!

Anonymous December 13, 2011 at 9:59 PM  

Such a cute idea!! I'm now following you!

I hope you'll follow back www.createdbycori.blogspot.com

imsteelefullofscrap December 15, 2011 at 4:01 AM  

What a great idea to recycle the childrens old puzzles I am a newbie here came over from A stroll thru life

Related Posts with Thumbnails