Tuesday, December 6, 2011

P is for Pirate Kit

I shared this gift idea on Kojo Designs two weeks ago during their Gifts for Guys series.  You have got to check out all the amazing ideas for the little or big guy in your life!  Love those girls over at Kojo!

                                                         

My little guy thinks Pirates are neat and loves to say, "Rrrrr, Matey" quite often so he inspired my newest kit - P is for Pirate.  He will find it under the tree Christmas morning and I can't wait!


Every pirate needs an eye patch, of course.  Preferably a soft one that won't irritate little eyes.

1.) Cut a little pattern out of paper the size and shape you wish your patch to be.  Use the pattern to cut out two eye patch pieces from black felt.

2.) Cut the bottom off of an old t-shirt.  Measure it on your little guy's head (in a sneaky kind of way) to ensure a good fit.


3.) Place the ends of the t-shirt band inside the two felt pieces and pin them together.

4.) Sew together using a machine or by hand.  Sew an X on the middle if you want.

Now you have a super tough (but soft) eye patch for your little pirate.


I purchased a thin canvas bag at a local craft store and used my iron-on fabric transfer paper to label the bag.


I typed my label on the computer and printed it as a mirror image.


I cut around the words and ironed it to my bag.


Then I added a mini unfinished wood treasure chest to the kit with some wooden checker pieces to serve as the treasure.  I left them unfinished so that the little pirate can have a special project to do later.


I also added a treasure map, a pirate book, and a black bandana.


There are so many other things that could be added to the pirate kit such as a compass, a hat, a sword, etc.  The options are endless with this gift and it can be personalized to suit the little guy in your life.


I just can't wait to see my little guy wearing his eye patch.  I tried it on but it's not quite as cute on me.  Ha.

If you would like other play kit gift ideas, you can find my restaurant kit HERE and movie theater kit HERE and Erin's pizza shop play kit HERE.

Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

Anonymous December 6, 2011 at 7:03 AM  

That's adorable, I really like things like this for children. It really gives them a creative outlet as well as a new way to learn things.

Katie@a mom, a wife, and a me December 6, 2011 at 10:04 AM  

I love little kit presents like these! And this one is cute to boot :) thanks for sharing!

Kim December 6, 2011 at 10:16 AM  

So cute!

Alli December 6, 2011 at 11:29 AM  

That's a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing this! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails